See also Utilities | Index | Downloads | Patches and versions | Related Websites
Game setup | References | Calculators | In-game information processing and sharing | m and x file management | Online Utilities
- See also Learn to play for a variety of Stars!wiki references for new/beginning players.
Details of Ship Hull Layouts
All ship hull layouts showing each slot's options and internal slot id
Battle Movement Studies
- downloadMoveLast.zip 4.01kb
The XLS spreadsheet results of AlexTheGreat's study on which ship moves first when they are of similar weights.
- "I don't know that I'd call it a study. I just determine the correct formula, determined whether the Help file (15%) or FAQ (20%) was right by running some tests & made a simple S/S.
- One thing that I have been meaning to do is check whether BS has an effect. eg. Ship A has BS=2.25 & Ship B has BS=1.75. In battle round 1 Ship A is capable of moving 3 spaces but Ship B is only capable of moving 2 spaces. I suspect that it makes no difference, i.e. that Ship A always moves 2 spaces & Ship B always moves one space & only then that the odds are calculated for their final possible movement. However I have not gotten around to confirming that suspicion."
- download last-move.zip 25.8kb
Denham's spreadsheet and graph support the results of AlexTheGreat. It includes results from 1072 battle simulation last moves with ships of two different speeds.
Pben - Stars! Population Growth Rate Study
- download Pben - Stars! Population Growth Rate Study.zip 110kb
- author:Paul Benjamin
Results from the Population growth rate study performed by Paul that resulted in the Population Growth Rate Formula calculator.
The bitmap resources from the Stars! executable. (aka - all the pics from the game)
Stars! box icons
- download starsboxicons.rar 317kb
- author: P.A.Gregory
Stars! Help File
Stars! help file in Word 6.0 format for Stars! version 2.0b.
- download e27ihelp.zip for v2.7i/2.6i 478kb in .hlp format (original)
- download stars!.hlp.doc.rar 435kb in .doc format
- online in .html format - archived:download stars.hlp.html.rar 2.71MB
Officially called Stars! Player's Guide, the last produced Stars! help file was for versions 2.6/7i. It is know to contain many errors and omissions, but is still a useful resource.
- An up-to-date version is incorporated into Stars!wiki at Stars! Player's Guide
Stars! Strategy Guide
- download ssgfrm.zip 1.27Mb
- download ssgnofrm.zip 1.26Mb
- download ssguide2-5rus.zip 1.05Mb (in Russian)
- download ssg06.zip 10.5kb (replacement file for ch 6 in Russian)
- source: offsite download at ???? ? Stars!
- View online at Stars!wiki
- View online at Stars!wiki (Ch 1-6 in Russian)
- View online at Maestros del Pulimento (in Spanish) (offline?)
- See also Related Websites - look for Includes Official Stars! Strategy GuideSSG
- homepage: Waypoint Zero (decommissioned)
The official Stars! Strategy Guide in html format. With or without frames. Only chapters 1-5, and the text of ch 6 have been translated in the Russian version.
Complete list of tech items(hulls,components & terraforming) sorted by tech field and level. Each item is listed in every tech area it requires.
from Stars! CD
Stars! Credits movie
An avi format movie of the Stars! credits from programmers to play testers.
- download manual.rar for v2.7i 2.82Mb
- requires Adobe Acrobat
The official Stars! game manual in pdf format.